Thursday, October 18, 2012

Recipe 20: Vegan Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"

And I'm back to blogging. I got a little discouraged awhile back, because I thought that...well nobody was reading my pathetic blog. Although I haven't really put any effort into advertising my blog like you should to actually get people to read/comment on your blog. But hey...even if nobody does read my blog at least I will have an online recipe diary for myself!

I have been into making broccoli mash for dinner lately. I thought I'd switch it up to some cauliflower mash when I found this recipe on Pinterest. It turned out great!


Recipe adapted from Happy Healthy Abundant by Jia Ni Teo

Ingredients:

  • 1-2 heads of cauliflower
  • 3 cloves garlic (I put a TON of garlic because I've been so sick)
  • Chives - as much as you'd like! I did a small package.
  • Himalayan/Celtic Sea Salt (to taste)
  • Black pepper (to taste)
  • Nutritional yeast (optional, to taste)

Directions:

1. Boil water. Once water comes to a boil add in cauliflower. Cook cauliflower till fork pokes through but still slightly hard, about 7-10 minutes. (Avoid overcooking for a cauliflower-y taste)

2. While cauliflower cooks, sauté some garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Set aside.

2. Blend in a high speed blender or food processor or mash with a hand masher (I did it this way...much faster...easier clean up) with garlic cloves till smooth and fluffy.

3. Add lots of herbs and chives.

4. Sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast to taste.

I served my cauliflower mashed potatoes with oven roasted vegetables and BOCA chik'n patties topped with vegan gravy. BOMB.com!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment