Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Recipe 5: Easy Baked Rosemary Tofu



Wow! I haven't really stayed on top of my blog. I've been quite busy and just haven't taken the time to post something...I'm back though!

With Mother's Day coming up this weekend I've been thinking a lot about my Mom. This meal was inspired by her. When I wasn't a vegan as a teenager my favorite meal she made was roasted chicken with rosemary and thyme. She would also roast carrots and parsnips along side the chicken. I loved the way the house smelled and it was my favorite comfort meal!

Baked Rosemary Tofu (super easy!)

-1 package of regular, extra firm tofu
-salt and pepper (to taste)
-1 clove of garlic
-garlic salt (to taste)
-3 tablespoon olive oil (more or less)
-fresh Rosemary (to taste)

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut the tofu into cubes.
3. Mix all ingredients with tofu in a bowel.
4. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 mins to an hour.
5. Once marinated, place tofu cubes spread apart on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking. Turn on broil the last 5 minutes if you want the cubes to have a nice browning.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment