Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recipe 4: BBQ "Chicken" Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing

This week I've been obsessed with making salads for lunch for my boyfriend and I. It's so fun making up combinations of vegetables and choosing a salad dressing. Yesterday I made a salad with quinoa, kidney beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and avocado with a dill lemon dressing. It was so filling and delicious!

Today I made a BBQ "Chicken" Salad with homemade Native Foods "Black Creek Ranch" dressing. I used a lot of products from Trader Joe's for the salad. I actually use a lot of Trader Joe's products all the time!

Sara's BBQ "Chicken" Salad

-Trader Joe's Chicken-Less Pulled Chicken in Barbecue Sauce
-Trader Joe's Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix (broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell peppers, radish, celery)
-black beans
-corn
-cherry tomatoes

Native Foods Ranch Dressing

From the Native Foods restaurant cookbook.

1 1/4 cup Vegan mayonnaise (I used Veganaise)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I used garlic salt)
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I used a dried Italian seasoning)
1/2 to 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (you can adjust the thickness)

Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend.
Chill until ready to use.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment