Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 13

Boy was this weekend challenging! I had such a desire to eat solid foods!!! This past weekend really made me realize how much socializing revolves around eating and drinking. My boyfriend and I have had really limited options for what to do on our weekend evenings. Before my cleanse it was something like, have friends over for dinner, dinner and a movie, go grab drinks with friends, or try out a new restaurant. Now during my cleanse, it's either stay in, hang at a friends house, or go out and see a movie. Don't get me wrong I usually love to just stay in and watch Netflix, but I miss just being able to go out to dinner! I miss just being able to sit at our dinning room table with a hot meal in front of me. With the rain today, I was freezing after drinking my juice. I craved a hot bowl of soup with some Artisan bread. I've begun to think why the heck did I commit myself to 30 days?! I should have just done 14 days!

This weekend we were invited to a friend's party (the last party I'll be attending while on my cleanse!) and I was so disciplined throughout the party. I drank some Perrier out of a wine class and talked to everyone about my cleanse. It was so hard not to be able to have a glass of wine (didn't care about the hamburgers that were being served as the main entree). Each pour that someone did through the aerator made me want to just lick the wine drops left over! After leaving the party, we drove past Del Taco. I imagined hot french fries with extra salt! It was so bad!

I've decided to keep me motivated I've got to reward myself at the end of this cleanse. Of course, I'm still going to bake a cake (I found the perfect vegan chocolate cake mix at the farmer's market), but I want to getaway! My boyfriend came up with the idea of going to Santa Monica for a night. We could eat at one of our favorite vegan restaurants in L.A., Real Food Daily (I totally got an email from them today with their March specials and had to delete it immediately after reading one dessert description), and he would take me shopping. SHOPPING! What could motivate me more than some retail therapy?!!!

Leaving yoga this evening, I left with a clear mind and sweat out some of my negative energy from today. I remembered why I did this cleanse in the first place. Juicing delivers an amazing range of health benefits! I know that all of this will create a healthier and happier me. I still have some negative thoughts with tomorrow being 14 days...2 weeks. I think wow...I have another 2 weeks of THIS left to go. I also think I've made it 14 days. I'm feeling really energetic (no caffeine needed!), lost weight, my skin has improved, and I am proud of myself!

Well off to play fetch with my cat and juice at the same time!  Here's some photos of Scarlette waiting patiently for me to play with her. :)          
                                                      
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment