Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 5 ~ How I Spent My Sunday Morning



I had a great morning! Started off with a breakfast juice, which was pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries. It was delicious! Although, I wasn't happy with how the blueberries juiced and probably won't be juicing them again.



My boyfriend came home from camping and we headed out to stock up. Our first stop was the Laguna Niguel Farmer's Market just near our apartment. We just found out about this little farmer's market a couple of weeks ago and fell in love. There is a variety of California grown organic and non-organic produce, as well as other vendors selling food items. Our favorite vendor is Beyond Bok Choy. They have a variety of asian vegetables. Everytime we've stopped by I've learned about a new kind of vegetable! This time we picked up some daikon root, beets, and bok choy (of course!). We stopped by a new vendor that has gluten free/vegan pie crusts and baking mixes. After my 30 days I will definitely be picking up some of there gluten free/vegan chocolate cake mix! I just had a fantastic idea! I will bake a cake to celebrate my 30 days of juicing and yoga!



Our next stop was Health Works and Juice Bistro, which is in the same parking lot as the farmer's market. I will definitely be grabbing a juice from there every Sunday after we hit up the farmer's market. The shop specializes in all-natural foods, drinks and supplemental remedies. I was pretty excited to be having my first "lunch" out. I ordered the "V-9" (Tomato, Celery, Carrot, Cucumber, Lettuce, Black Pepper, and Cool Cayenne). It tasted like a bloody mary! It was very satisfying. On our way out we said good-bye to the owner Harsarangid Dhinsa aka "The Colonel."



Our last stop was Costco. The best place for bulk produce and the base for my juices. They have great prices for organic carrots and apples. We also picked up some grapefruit, pears, honeydew, lettuce, and some coconut water. The best thing I picked up from our trip to Costco was this sweet yoga bag with mat. It is definitely going to hold a lot more than my current bag and a scored another yoga mat.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment