Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 21...10 pounds lighter!





In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and cahins.  Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.  ~Stephen Phillips


It's been quite a long time since I wasn't tortured by the number on my bathroom scale. I've saved myself the torture in the past and stayed clear of the scale altogether. I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost 10 pounds!!! I had to step on and off a couple of times to actually believe it.


I'd say all my hard work has paid off. I still have 8 more days left, and I couldn't be more motivated to finish strong with my cleanse. Although, it turns out my spaghetti victory meal won't be happening. After reading up on it, breaking my cleanse properly is quite important.


Eating the wrong meal after my cleanse can waste all my hard work. Since I am on a long fast, my digestive system has shut down partially or completely. All my energy redirected. My stomach and intestines are clean. My system is cleaned of toxins. I must allow time for my digestive system to prepare itself for food again.


To minimize any discomfort (constipation) I need to eat fruits and vegetables for several days to help me ease back into eating solid foods. Fresh fruit is the best way to get toxins and solid waste out of my body. As my body adjusts to the solid foods, I can slowly add others foods back into my diet.

I'll be excited to stab a fork in some fresh, organic, raw fruits & veggies and will chew it with enjoyment! I guess for now I'll have to daydream about a fruit salad instead of a big bowl of spaghetti.



Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/449107-eating-pizza-after-a-juice-fast/#ixzz1oPiPO3Fz

http://www.quickfasting.com/how_to_break_your_fast.html Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment