Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 24

Chips, salsa, and a skinny margarita. That is what I will be enjoying next Friday night with my best friend. It's a date! I must say that even more than spaghetti... I've been craving chips and salsa!

I have been craving these two items from Trader Joe's too...

I love mixing this salsa with an avocado, garlic salt, and pepper. It makes a yummy guacamole! 
This salsa is by far my favorite salsa. 

Although I am craving solid foods (probably because it's the weekend) I really have been on a high lately. I am so happy that I am down 11 pounds. I feel so confident in my clothing, and when I look in the mirror. I put on a bathing suit last night and was quite content with my body. Now that I am on day 24 people are saying, "I don't know how you are doing it!" The weight lose and my energy level is what has kept me going. Continually going to yoga has helped as well. My stress level has decreased and yoga has become something I enjoy more than ever. Going to yoga at night has kept me from thinking about eating a comforting meal and enjoying a glass of wine on the couch too!

Well, remember how my boyfriend was going to join me for my last 7 days. He started Day 1 yesterday, but only made it to 3:00 in the afternoon! He gave in, went to Chipotle, and ate a delicious vegetarian style bowl. He says he is going to do the last 4 days with me, starting on Monday. He says that it's too hard to do it on the weekends. He sure knows how I feel now! It's hard not being able to indulge in your spare time on the weekends like most people normally do!! We will see if he commits to doing the last four days with me.

With all this juicing I've been doing I've come up with some of my favorite combinations. Here are my favorite juice recipes. Try them out! :)

Breakfast Delight
-strawberries
-carrots
-apples
-pear or pineapple

Sara's Green Goodness
-apples
-carrots
-spinach
-rainbow chard
-zucchini
-cucumber
-celery

Don't Be Afraid to Start Juicing ~
Has anyone joined me in juicing or been at least encouraged to try out juicing? Do not be afraid to attempt a juice cleanse for 30 days for your first cleanse (You may consider modifying the fast by including thin slices of avocado or a quarter piece of banana to slow the cleansing process. Modified juice fasting is good for those with health restrictions such as diabetes or hypoglycemia). It is really not that difficult once you get going. Longer juice fasts enable the body to cleanse toxins that have been accumulating in your cellular tissues from birth. 

How Much Juice Should I Be Drinking ~
I have 3 "meals" a day of about 1 liter (or sometimes more depending on how hard I worked out at yoga). In the beginning I had a "snack" in between lunch and dinner. I now just do 3 meals a day. I decreased it to the 3 times a day, because drinking small amounts of juice supplies fewer calories, thereby increasing detoxification. 

Happy Juicing! Have a great weekend and don't forget to "Spring Ahead" tomorrow for daylight savings time.

Resources:
http://www.juicefasting.org/juicefasting.htm




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment