Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 26 ~ How I Spent My Sunday

Definitely slept in this morning and felt great when I woke up! After making a simple carrot, apple, and pear breakfast, I enjoyed cleaning my apartment. Yes, I enjoy cleaning my apartment! I just moved in last August so living out on my own is still so new to me. I love being able to clean MY apartment!

For lunch my boyfriend and I headed to Mother's Market & Kitchen. Our new favorite thing is eating in their cafe. They have a ton of vegan options (mostly all vegan) and a juice bar. I built my own juice combo and my boyfriend built his own meal. For $8.95 you can get a 32 oz. juice with a base + 5 choices. My base was pear and apple. My 5 choices were what I usually do at home...chard, celery, cucumber, bell peper, and kale. My boyfriend is obsessed with their breaded pan fried veggie cutlets. He ordered two of those, roasted veggies, and lemon qunioa. It looked absolutely amazing!! I can't wait to try the cutlets and dunk them in some bbq sauce! I will defintely be going back for some serious breakfast and to try their "chicken" salad sandwich. Here are some photos of some food served in their cafe.


After lunch we headed to the mall. I picked up this super comfy red/coral maxi skirt. I'm OBSESSED with maxi skirts lately. I treated myself to my favorite drink from the Nordstrom's Ebar...a ginger peach ice tea. So refreshing!


This evening I tried my first ever meditation class. There is a meditation class at CorePower Yoga in Aliso Viejo every Sunday night called Come To Your Senses: An Introduction to Meditation. It's free and open to the public. I highly recommend you try it out! If not at CorePower Yoga try mediation some other way.

I didn't really know what to expect upon entering the yoga studio. I was thinking...what do you even do in meditation? Is my back going to kill sitting here in the same upright position for the next hour? All of my questions were answered and I left feeling like my mind had a massage. It was difficult to stay still and I constantly worried about one of my feet falling asleep while sitting in a criss cross position. I dazed off about the list of things I needed to do in the upcoming week. The instructor guided the class so well that I was able to quickly bring my mind back to my "anchor" as he calls it. The anchor in meditation is your breath. You must focus on just being present in the room and the inhale/exhale of your breath. Just those two things yet they can be so hard to do. I will definitely be returning to train my mind. I will also be using what I learned just in that one class in my every day life. Being able to control your breath in an upseting stressful situation can decrease your blood pressure and help you have more control of the situation. Working in special education I come across a stressful situation on a daily basis. I am excited to have mediation now a part of my life!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment